Flexible Spending AccountFlexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to set aside money for eligible expenses on a pre-tax basis.  The amount that you elect comes out of your paycheck before its taxed which gives you more money to pay for the things you need.  You must enroll during the Open Enrollment period to take advantage of this benefit.  However, there are qualifying events such as marriage, child birth and employment change that will enable you to enroll throughout the plan year.  Call us if you have any questions regarding enrollment.

There are 2 types of FSAs: Healthcare and Dependent Day Care.


Your healthcare account reimburses you for out-of-pocket costs associated with medical, dental, prescription or vision services.  These out-of-pocket costs can include deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and some over-the-counter (OTC) items.  Effective January 1st, 2011, you are now required to have a prescription to use your FSA to purchase OTC items.  Your FSA can be used for you, your spouse, and any dependent children.

Dependent Day Care:

Your dependent day care account reimburses you for expenses such as day care, before and after school programs, nursery school or preschool, summer day camp and even adult day care.  The child must be under the age of 12 (unless disabled) and be a dependent of yours which should be reflected on your tax filings.  Also, both parents must be employed or seeking full-time employment to qualify for this account.

Maximum Contributions:

Healthcare   $2500 per plan year (per person)

Dependent Day Care  $5000 per plan year (per house)

Filing Claims:

You have 6 different options for submitting claims or making payments:

  1. Use your debit card.  This is only allowed for the Healthcare account.  You must keep a copy of your receipt, prescription, Explanation of Benefits, and any other supporting documents.  If you do not provide the necessary documents (if requested), your card will be suspended!
  2. Fax in your form.
  3. Mail in your form.
  4. Submit a claim online through your web portal.
  5. Use the app for Android or Apple.  You must have an account setup prior to using the app.
  6. Use the Pay Them option.  Once you login, you can upload your bill and supporting documents and PayFlex will mail a check directly to the provider.


PayFlex Customer Service

Phone: 877-533-0220

Fax: 402-231-4310

PayFlex Systems USA, Inc
P.O. Box 3039
Omaha, NE 68103

We offer and service FSA and HRA accounts for the following Districts:

  • Chambersburg Area SD
  • Big Spring SD
  • Tuscarora SD
  • Franklin Country CTC

Speak with an Agent Today